Sunday, November 8, 2015

Anime and Manga

After reading some manga this week, I’ve completely changed my mind about how I feel about this style of comics. There are so many stereotypes and hate directed towards manga and anime that is completely ridiculous, but when I say that I agree that there is a lot of poorly drawn anime. This week I decided to watch all of Fooly Cooly, being a manga and anime I think both mediums represent this anime really well. The anime really makes it obvious that it is an anime; with the way all the characters are drawn as well as how they animate the characters. What I mean by that is when a character is going to kiss another one is zooms in and their lips get huge and its totally ridiculous. I love this though, these small animation stylizations that anime has to offer make it what it is. Especially with Fooly Cooly I really loved the punk music playing with the punk girl on the scooter who brings chaos to Naota life.


This story is a coming of age story all about Naota, I think this story is talking about how crazy things can be, but to be real with yourself. So when the girl on the scooter whacks Naota over the head, he gets this huge lump on his head. The next day people at his school tell him that this girl comes to schools and hits boys over the head and if a lump grows that means they have something dirty they are hiding. Naota being young believed them, so he runs away to find his girl and is approached by the biker girl again. We find out that the lump on his head is a portal for these robots. It seems like it is going to be against him, but the robot is looking out for Naota and destroys this monster that is after him. At the end of the episode they are at Naota’s grandpas bread shop making bread. This show is absolutely insane, I love the animation and story telling this anime has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment